Skip to main content
Personal Protection Measures Against Mosquitoes
Reduce outdoor exposure to mosquitoes:
- Avoid being outdoors during peak mosquito activity (dawn and dusk).
- Use mosquito repellents containing: DEET, picaridin, para-menthane-diol (PMD), oil of lemon eucalyptus (OLE), or IR3535
- Wear protective clothing such as long sleeves and long pants.
- Consider treating clothes/personal outdoor equipment with permethrin.
Reduce indoor exposure to mosquitoes:
- Keep doors and windows closed whenever possible.
- Check and maintain all window and door screens
- Flip, dump or drain all temporary sources of standing water.
- Contact the Marin/Sonoma Mosquito & Vector Control District (707-285-2200) if you have a mosquito-related problem that you cannot resolve on your own.